Q: Setting build parameters for a sub-tree of RTEMS sources

John M. Mills jmills at tga.com
Mon Apr 24 13:57:27 UTC 2000

Hello -

I would like to set two flags to specific values below a certain point in
my source tree, while allowing '$RTEMS_BSP.cfg' to control them elsewhere.

This is in order to avoid inappropriate optimization when I access
hardware registers. I have not been successful with 'volatile'
declarations, I have found optimization levels which work, and I would
still like to apply higher optimization levels to the rest of the source
tree.

In my case these flags are 'CFLAGS_OPTIMIZE_V' and 'CFLAGS_DEBUG_V'. I see
in the root of this specific sub-tree that 'aclocal.m4' conditionally
redefines 'CFLAGS', which presumably contains my two flags.

The particular branch is: 'c/src/lib/libbsp/sh/gensh2', though my question
is a general one.

Can anyone suggest how to modify such a part of 'CFLAGS' so I force the
optimizaton levels I want?

Thanks -

   John Mills
   Sr. Software Engineer