omniOrb for Rtems

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Tue Apr 25 13:40:05 UTC 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller at decrc.abb.de>
To: <rdasilva at connecttel.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2000 4:06 AM
Subject: omniOrb for Rtems

> Hi Rosimildo,
>
> I have used CORBA (TAO) and Rtems on different projects, but not
> together. Therefore I will give rtems together with omniORB a try. On
> the oarcorp site is only a link to the current 4.0.0 version of rtems
> available. But you pointed out that a newer snapshot is necessary to
> make it run. Where can i get a current snapshot of rtems. Is there some
> registration necessary at oarcorp ....?
>
> Thank you,
> Peter

Peter,

The snapshots are private and requires registration.

My last updated was against RTEMS-snapshot from Nov 17, 1999. The
snapshot is private, and I do not know if you can access it:
ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/snapshots/19991117/

A word of warning: You need a toolset that handles C++ properly
 exceptions,
Global Ctor/Dtor ). It could be a pain to get the toolset working properly.

I recommend using the beta2 that is open and available here:
ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/betas/rtems-4.5.0-beta/

You should not have any problems get it to work, because it
has not been many changes to the PC386 BSP since my last update.
Also, with this beta you have a toolset pre-built. This could save you
toons of time.

It is top on my list to update Omni as soon as RTEMS gets released. It
is supposed to happen any day now.

Keep me posted of your progress.

Regards, Rosimildo.