Error building 4.5.0 beta1c.

Serrae at tsainc.com Serrae at tsainc.com
Fri Apr 7 14:34:15 UTC 2000

Steve,

Joel Sherril is working on some bug reports that I have provided relating
the building of the above version of rtems.
I was able to build the cross-compiling tool set
(gcc-2.95.2-binutils-2.9.5.0.24-newlib-1.8.2), but when I tried `bit_rtems
i386-elf'
I was not even able to run configure.  I hope that this is fixed soon also.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
Efren
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Efren Serra
Software Engineer
Systems Solutions Group
Transaction Systems Architects, Inc.
218 South 108th Avenue
Omaha, NE 68154
Phone: 402-697-2267
FAX: 402-333-9725
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    "Robert
                    Gordon"              To:     <rtems-users at oarcorp.com>
                    <rbg at pmr.com>        cc:
                                         Subject:     Error building 4.5.0 beta1c.
                    04/06/00
                    05:36 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "Robert
                    Gordon"

Hi,

I'm attempting to build the subject beta version and
associated build environment have the following error,
wondered if anyone else has seen it, and would "share"
with me what's upppppp :-)

cc -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/libobjc/../include
../../../gcc-2.95.2/libobjc/encoding.c
../../../gcc-2.95.2/libobjc/encoding.c: In function
`objc_layout_finish_structure':
../../../gcc-2.95.2/libobjc/encoding.c:882: `REAL_TYPE' undeclared (first
use in this function)
../../../gcc-2.95.2/libobjc/encoding.c:882: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
../../../gcc-2.95.2/libobjc/encoding.c:882: for each function it appears
in.)
../../../gcc-2.95.2/libobjc/encoding.c:882: `XFmode' undeclared (first use
in this function)
gmake[1]: *** [encoding.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/rtems/tools/build-i960-tools/i960-rtems/libobjc'
gmake: *** [all-target-libobjc] Error 2
ERROR: **** FAILED **** base build (step 1)

Thanks;
Robert..