4.5.0-beta2

Serrae at tsainc.com Serrae at tsainc.com
Wed Apr 26 21:59:06 UTC 2000

Jim,

I encountered the same problem while building for i386-elf; my work around
was to cd to @prefix@/tools/build-i386-elf-rtems and
do `ln -sf i386-rtemself/c c' as soon as i386-rtemself/c was created.  It
fixed the problem and I have got and RTEMS image.  Bye.

-efren-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Efren Serra
Software Engineer
Systems Solutions Group
Transaction Systems Architects, Inc.
218 South 108th Avenue
Omaha, NE 68154
Phone: 402-697-2267
FAX: 402-333-9725
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    James Housley
                    <jim at thehousl        To:     rtems-users at oarcorp.com
                    eys.net>             cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     4.5.0-beta2
                    housley at theho
                    usleys.net

                    04/26/00
                    04:41 PM

I am having trouble with -beta2.  I have downloaded:

binutils-2.9.5.0.24-rtems-20000207.diff
binutils-2.9.5.0.24.tar.gz
c_build_scripts-4.5.0-beta2.tgz
gcc-2.95.2-rtems-20000106.diff
gcc-2.95.2.tar.gz
newlib-1.8.2-rtems-20000131.diff
newlib-1.8.2.tar.gz
rtems-4.5.0-beta2.tgz

I untared and patched binutils, gcc and newlib and c_build_scripts and
that went fine.  I then did a ./bit m68k and they all compiled and
installed with out a problem.  I then untared rtems-4.5.0-beta2.tgz.
This is where I start having problems.

./bit_rtems m68k
or ./bit_rtems m68k efi332 both produce the same error:

gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.^M
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.^M
gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/home/housley/tools/build-m68k-rtems/tools'^M
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/home/housley/tools/build-m68k-rtems/tools'^M
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/home/housley/tools/build-m68k-rtems/tools'^M
Making install in c^M
cd: can't cd to c^M
gmake: *** [install-recursive] Error 1^M
ERROR: failed gmake install.^M
exit: Illegal number: ./bit_rtems^M

The problem is it is trying to use build-m68k-rtems/c instead of
build-m68k-rtems/m68k-rtems/c and I have tried all sorts of hacking to
make it work, and have failed.

Jim
--
Unix is very user-friendly.  It's just picky who its friends are.