Antwort: Re: Baking a i386-rtems image

Martin_Doering at mn.man.de Martin_Doering at mn.man.de
Thu Aug 24 06:50:02 UTC 2000

>configure: error: ***
>    Attempt to build inside of the source tree
>    Please use a separate build directory, instead

>Isn't this explicit enough?

No (maybe I'm a special case ;-) ) - because I thought the c directory
would be meant by the "source tree". So I startet to go in the subdirs to
configure it all seperately... There is a directory called build in the
distribution. So it's not so far away to think, that this is meant.  :-(

So you see: This all is really new to me - sorry. Yesterday evening I
browsed through the mailinglist archive and found many things bringing me
further - especially setting "CC=gcc ./configure ..." and additionally
there is a patch, if I make all targets the make process fails (as told in
the archive - some typo...). Maybe it's getting better if I just use one
target, as I wanted at first.

I will try to write a small basic readme especially covering the problems
I had, if I'm done. You are right: The documentation is very explicite,
but I just wanted to know a few things. I'm mostly familiar with building
software packages.

Thanks for your help. I will try it with your commandline.

Martin Döring, Systemtechnik (IDT)
MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG
Dachauerstraße 667
D-80995 München