RTEMS PPP stack

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Fri Aug 4 11:28:08 UTC 2000

Thomas Doerfler wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> > Rosimildo da Silva wrote:
> > >
> > > I might need to do some work with a PPP connection to
> > > Windows machines initially, and later linux.
> > >
> > > I would appreacite if somebody ( Eric !!! ), could tell
> > > me the state of the PPP stack under RTEMS.
>
> I have done major reworks to the PPP sources available in RTEMS, with
> the aim of a more general adaptation to the actual hardware drivers.
> I have a private configuration more or less up and running...
>
> My modifications included:
>
> - separating the PPP device driver from the hardware dependent code
> - adding "line discipline" support to termios
> - adding task-driven mode to the termios serial driver model
>
> There is still a bug my the task-driven driver model code, (and I am
> VERY short in time currently) therefore I did not yet feed back a
> patch.
>
> Nevertheless I have a configuration with rtems-4.0.0 runing connected
> to WinNT.
>
> Configuration of the PPP connection (dial strings etc) is not very
> elegant now, I did not modify this compared to the sources found in
> the current snapshots.
>
> I can send you a snapshot of the package, but would like to finish my
> changes before giving it back to the public....
> Bye,
>         Thomas.

Hi Thomas,

I do not need it right away. As I said, I *might* need it.
Thanks for your reply, and I'll keep it in mind.
I'll contact you if I need it.

Rosimildo da Silva            rdasilva at connectel.com
ConnectTel, Inc.              Austin, TX -- USA
Phone : 512-338-1111          Fax : 512-918-0449
Mobile: 512-632-7579
Company Page: http://www.connecttel.com
Home Page: http://members.xoom.com/rosimildo/