libbsp/shared and bare (was: using "bare" bsp option)

Peer Stritzinger pstrtems at gmx.net
Wed Aug 16 21:00:45 UTC 2000

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
> >
> > Ahmet Akkas wrote:
> > >

> > > I should point out two things at this level. First, I realized that
> > > the shared library (under the ../c/src/lib/libbsp/shared )is not compiled
> > > and added to the built RTEMS library. As you know this library has
> > > initialization and console routines. I am planning to compile the files
> > > in this directory and add them into built RTEMS libraries.
> >
> > libbsp/shared is POTENTIALLY shared files.  They are picked up via
> > VPATH in the BSPs that use them.  You choose whether or not to use
> > them on a per BSP basis.  Look at one of the 68k BSPs
> > startup/Makefile.am
> > and what how it uses VPATH to get some things from .,
> > libbsp/m68k/shared,
> > and libbsp/shared. :)

I have had a similar problem with libbsp/shared code and a bare BSP.
If you want to use code from libbsp/shared in a BSP in the source tree
the described method will work.

But the shared code is not included in the bare BSP so I cannot use it
in the concrete BSP that goes with the application.  At present I copy
the
sourcefiles in a directory in my concrete BSP.

Wouldn't it be nice if there would be a cleaner way to use the code?

Peer Stritzinger