Rtems Benchmarking

Peter Mueller peter.o.mueller at gmx.de
Thu Dec 7 07:54:04 UTC 2000

Hi all,

I run some of the tm tests on our 68332 board. I want compare the figures
with the efi332 board, but a look to the bsp shows that there is no code to
get the timer data. John told me that he don't know how the data was
produced or who has put the file to the ef332 directory!?

Our figures are about 1.5 to 3 times larger compared to the gen68360
board. I'm not sure if this is an error in our timing routines. Has anyone
experience with 68360 and 68332 CPUs? Does this makes sense?

Gen68360: 68360 CPU with 25MHz
OurBoard: 68332 CPU with 16MHz.

I do not know if the 360 is based on the CPU32 core too, but I think so.
Only comparing the benchmark figures to the CPU MHz clock rates would give a
factor of about 1.6 but not 3.

Any comments?

Peter