C++ exception thrown and not caught under RTEMS.

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Thu Dec 7 13:13:11 UTC 2000

Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk wrote:

> Excuse me asking this, I'd try it out but I can't get at a target for a few
> days.
>
> If a C++ program throws an exception which is uncaught, the specified action
> is that the program terminates.  Under RTEMS, is this implemented by
> terminating the offending task,  or by exiting RTEMS?  I can see either
> would be reasonable.  I've just found such a thing is possible in our app,
> (sheepish <g>) and I'd like to know if it explains a problem we've seen
> occasionally.

C++ standard knows nothing about threads/tasks. The action specified
in the standard is to call terminate() that in all systems, terminates
the
process.

Rosimildo da Silva            rdasilva at connectel.com
ConnectTel, Inc.              Austin, TX -- USA
Phone : 512-338-1111          Fax : 512-918-0449
Company Page:  http://www.connecttel.com
Home Page:     http://members.nbci.com/rosimildo/