Reqeust For Descriptions of RTEMS Applications Using Networking

Jake Janovetz janovetz at uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 6 21:45:16 UTC 2000

I guess this was intended to be sent to the group...

The most recent application I've been working on is a
networked MP3 player, just for shits and grins.  It's
a Motorola 68360-based product using RTEMS.  The device is
a fairly bare-bones network node with the CPU, some flash,
some DRAM, ethernet, an MP3 decoder, and a DAC.  Control and
configuration is done via a web page and/or Java applet.
A short web page with some pictures is at:

   http://www.janovetz.com/jake/cantante/

At present, ten devices are built and operating around my
house and office.  So far, RTEMS and network support have been
the least of my worries.  (except for the slowish new GoAhead
implementation)

I'm trying to drum up some interest in getting this to be an
Open Source hardware and software project.  I think it would be
a good thing for RTEMS, but I'd have to come up with a few
good reasons to fight the external urge to move to an embedded
Linux.

     Jake