Cygwin Commerial License?

Smith, Gene Gene.Smith at sea.siemens.com
Tue Jan 11 00:15:21 UTC 2000

Excuse me if this question has already been asked on the mailing list but I
don't remember seeing it discussed while scanning through the archives.

I am trying to decide on an environment for developing a possibly
closed-source commercial application using rtems.  Currently, at work, I
only have a 95/NT system.  I noticed that quite a few rtems users use CYGWIN
for development on NT.  The cygnus website says that commercial (closed
source) applications require a commercial cygwin license.  I assume a
commercial cygwin license is required for closed-source NT embedded
development also?

Alternatively, I could setup a linux box at work to do the development
without cygwin.  I assume it is acceptable to create a closed-source
commercial application using gnu tools, newlib and rtems in a linux
environment?

Is my understanding of these issues correct?

-Gene