Problems building egcs-1.1b with Cigwin

Gus Paolone gus.paolone at fujitsu.com.au
Wed Jan 12 23:17:37 UTC 2000

Hi Denis;

I finally go things going. What I found is that the instructions in the
Getting Started guide for CygWin shows two different --prefix when
building binutil and egcs. Once I made these the same the build was able
to pickup the correct assembler to build libgcc1.

I also had problems building RTEMS. What I found was that the build was
picking up the incorrect limits.h file. This is something to do with the
CygWin installation. Apparently the bit script for non-CygWin builds
does this correctly.

What I ended up doing was to put the full path of the correct limits.h
on the file it was asking for (I cannot remember the file name) and it
was able to compile. However I need to fix this by copying the correct
limits.h to the correct directory (which I have not yet worked out).
Apparently the latest egcs and  RTEMS patches correct this problem.

Well, for now I have to get busy modifying gen68360 to work on my board.

Gus.