help...

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Sat Jul 15 18:24:01 UTC 2000

unexpect at syslab.soongsil.ac.kr wrote:

> hello!
>
> my name is yullsam lee.
> I am graduate school student at soongsil univ. in korea
> I am studing rtems and microwindows, but have some problem.
>
> I was porting rtems in pc386 board and patch microwindows fallowing your homepage.
>
> I want debugging microwindows using rs232 port but
> when debug enable in user.cfg file, rtems comfile error in patch file.
> am I wrong?

You cannot do that. Enabling debug in the user.cfg, is for using
ethernet for communicating with GDB. Do not do that.

Go to microwin/src/rtems/rtems_init.c and enable the
define that controls the initialization of the GDB stubs.
It is around line 37.

#define USE_REMOTE_GDB__        1

Also, check to make sure that there is a "BREAKPOINT()" macro
where you want to stop.

> microwindows displayed but when key pushed and mouse move, pc reset!
>
> your home page very helpful to me. thank you !
>
> bye.

I recommend using the mouse & kbd test driver. The module
is microwin/src/rtems/mw_uid_test.cc. Adjust the makefile
to use this module as a main. It is a console mode application
to test the mouse and the keyboard drivers.

Rosimildo da Silva            rdasilva at connectel.com
ConnectTel, Inc.              Austin, TX -- USA
Phone : 512-338-1111          Fax : 512-918-0449
Mobile: 512-632-7579
Company Page: http://www.connecttel.com
Home Page: http://members.xoom.com/rosimildo/