Dwloading to target using GDB

Gus Paolone gus.paolone at fujitsu.com.au
Wed Jul 19 23:40:25 UTC 2000

Hi All;

I have GDB 4.18 with the RTEMS patches on a Linux platform (I used the
RPMs actually). I also have the 68k stub for a 68360 CPU which I've
tested using a terminal program and operates correctly.

My difficulty is that when I download a program to the target it seems
to  be too slow. I have a 38400bps serial link.

When I do this from gdb in a WinNT (using Cygwin) it is much faster. Is
there a way to speed things up? I also noticed that gdb writes 16-bytes
of code data at a time. I've tried both the "set remotewritesize" and
"set binarydownload" commands but no joy. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help anybody could provide.

Gus