LTP BDM interface

Erwin Rol 320094152587-0001 at t-online.de
Fri Jun 2 11:25:53 UTC 2000

Hello Frank,

I have found something "interesting" in your LPT BDM interface.
The Freeze lines on the BDM port double as VFLS[0-1] lines (on the
MPC860
that is , dunno about other PowerPC cpu's). When the CPU goes into debug
mode the VFLS[0-1] lines both go to '1' but 00 01 and 10 have a
different
meaning (See page 37-3 of the MPC860 PowerQUICC User's Manual) and in
your hardware you only test one of the two lines which may cause a false
positive recognition of the debug mode. A simple solution might be
a AND port to "mix" the two lines in hardware, because this is always
what we want and we aren't interested in the other functions of
VFLS[0-1].

Does anybody else use Frank's hardware interface and GDB patches and has
strange problems like the debugger stopping the target at random places
?

- Erwin

--
        Q - S O F T - E N G I N E E R I N G
     Rodachtalweg 11, 81549 Muenchen, Germany

Erwin Rol (Software Engineer)     phone: +49-89-68050051
Erwin.Rol at Q-Soft-Engineering.com  fax  : +49-89-68050052