How to port RTEMS to i386 based embedded system?

Zhou qing guo zhouqg at lzu.edu.cn
Thu Jun 15 12:08:08 UTC 2000

Dear Sir,
 I'm a student of department of physics of Lanzhou University,
 and my name is Kinggo CHOW.I'm doing my thesis in the field of
 real-time system.The project's goal is to biuld a data acquisition and
 remote control syetem for the Mossbauer Spectra.My app program has runed
 on a DOS pc(i386).Now I want to port my app to a based x86 embedded
system.
 I choose RTEMS  to be the OS of this project.I want to boot RTEMS
 and my program from flash memory (an IDE flash disk product by
sandisk)of pc which is without harddisk,keyborad,displayer,and we could
get the data  and control the machine though internet.
 I think you are  master in this field! I have some questiones,and could
you help me?
 I think that RTEMS cannot use flash memory as disk because It's
without
 the Journaling Flash File System.In other words,if have the Journaling
 Flash File System,RTEMS can boot from flash memory and use it as disk.
 Is it right? If not,what I need do.
 By the way,I think that some other people do the same work using RTEMS--
 Port RTEMS to i386 based embedded pc.I hope that you can give me some
example about this.

    Because I'm new in this field, I hope you give me some advice!
 Sorry for my bad English.I'm looking forward to your reply!
 Thanks in advance!
 Best wishes!

 Best wishes!

 Yours