Problem about building the cross Compiler Toolset(i386)

James Housley jim at thehousleys.net
Sun Jun 18 11:25:10 UTC 2000

Zhou qing guo wrote:

> Hi,Could you help me? I meet the problem again when I again bulid the
> cross complier toolset on x86 pc running Linux.I did like this:
> Unarchiving the tools(it's ok),Broken install Program(it's ok),Apply RTEMS
> Patch to EGCS,binutils,newlib(it's ok).Localizing the Configuration(just
> set INSTALL_POINT=/usr/local/rtems;BUILD_DOCS=yes;ENABLE_RTEMS_TESTS=yes),
> But Running the bit Script:#./bit i386,this time the error is:
>
> "install:  cpp.info* does not exist
> install:  gcc.info* does not exist
> gmake[1]: *** [install-info] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/kinggo/rtems/tools/build-i386-tools/gcc'
> gmake: *** [install-gcc] Error 2
> ERROR: **** FAILED **** base build (step 1)

Are you using the newest versions?  There are both a beta3a version in
the ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/betas/rtems-4.5.0-beta/source
directory and in the ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/snapshots/current/
dir a newer snapshot.  There are also precompiled Linux PRMs in the
ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/betas/rtems-4.5.0-beta/c_tools/linux_x86/index.html.
Was "cpp.info does not exist" your first error?  Or did also complian
much earlier about makeinfo not existing?

Jim
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.