In-Memory File System with http

Andrew Bythell abythell at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Jun 21 21:14:03 UTC 2000

Hello all.

I am trying to run the http sample included as part of the netdemos, but
I'm not clear on how a tar file is loaded into memory and
un-compressed.

When I try and build the sample, I get undefined references to the
tarfile start and size.  Do I specify these values, or are they
determined during linking?

I tried changing the values from _binary_tarfile... to
_binary_o_optimize_tarfile, which links, but when the app runs, I get
"Untar failed to create file index.html".

I know this is something simple, but I'm not sure how the In-memory
filesystem works.  Can someone offer a quick crash-course?

Thanks,

A.

--
Andrew Bythell     System Verification