trace() conflict in RTEMS and ncurses.

Thu Jun 1 19:59:50 UTC 2000

OUTWATER wrote:

> OOPS! - should have looked at the source!  Looks like trace() is in the
> webserver code...

My grep turned that up before your second message showed up.
But my reply did not beat yours. :)

> Again the question - which package to modify?

I think it would be best to change the webserver to use goahead_trace.

Personally, I think it is bad form to use such common names and both
should be changed.  I don't see trace() as part of the defined public
API to curses.

Out of curiousity what was under-configured from your earlier email.
And be warned trace mode in ncurses appears to write a file named
"trace" in the current directory so you will lose another
file descriptor.