FreeBSD and RTEMS

Wed Jun 7 13:43:02 UTC 2000

gerke.kok at ascom.nl wrote:

> Hello,
> if its equal to you Linux is easier for RTEMS comes with native builds for
> the tools for RTEMS. But FreeBSD should not realy be a problem.

There are more FreeBSD/RTEMS users out there than I realized. :)

We would be happy to host FreeBSD tool binaries if someone would
go to the effort to build and package them.  Right now, we are
using RPM to provide executables for Linux, Cygwin, and Solaris SPARC.

I think (hope, pray :) that Ralf and I have worked out most of
the issues with the tools for these three hosts.  Our goal was
to use the same patches/RPMs on all three initial hosts.  There
have been some hiccups but they seem to be all resolved now.  It
is just a matter of waiting for all the tool builds to complete
and doing some basic checkout on the binaries before putting them
on the ftp site.

After that is done, I encourage people to try to package them for
other hosts.  Please make your efforts public so you can get help.

At this point, I have heard interest in FreeBSD and Linux/SPARC.
Anybody else out there?