FreeBSD and RTEMS

Samuel Tardieu sam at inf.enst.fr
Wed Jun 7 13:54:28 UTC 2000

On  7/06, Joel Sherrill wrote:

| There are more FreeBSD/RTEMS users out there than I realized. :)

Count me in :)

| We would be happy to host FreeBSD tool binaries if someone would
| go to the effort to build and package them.  Right now, we are
| using RPM to provide executables for Linux, Cygwin, and Solaris SPARC.

This is not the way FreeBSD work usually: there is the "ports" concept, which
will automatically fetch RTEMS sources, apply (if needed) FreeBSD specific
patches and build then install the resulting program. Everything is in
place for compiling, you do not need to provide binary versions.