info about mc68k port

Robert Tagliarini bobtag at cftnet.com
Thu Mar 2 13:03:37 UTC 2000

Hello,
RTEMS is one candidate being considered for our next project.  I have a few
of questions about the 68k port.
How much memory does the kernel require?
How much memory does the network stack require?
What do you see as the issues associated with generating a port specifically
for the MC68EZ328 from existing 68k baseline?
Is there a PPP implementation for the 68k RTEMS?  telnet? nfs? webserver?

Many links on http://www.rtems.army.mil/ appear to point to good information
but they are broken.
e.g. On http://www.rtems.army.mil/rg4/c_rtems.html, the link to 68k port is
broken.  (can't find lancelot.gcs.redstone.army.mil).
Is there an alternate site for 68k RTEMS info?

  Thanks,
Bob Tagliarini

Robert Tagliarini
Senior Engineer