SVGALIB 1.4.1 -- port to RTEMS

Greg Haerr greg at Censoft.com
Fri Mar 10 16:28:35 UTC 2000

:  > I presume you're still using the framebuffer api on the top end, so SVGALIB
:  > gives you the linear address for the video ram?
:  >
:
: That has been my goal. Unfortunately, my Video Card does not support
: linear address, ( it failed with the testlinear.exe program ),
: and I end up using the scr_svga.c driver of MicroWindows.

My mistake- Neither microwindows nor rtems requires linear framebuffers.
If you used SVGAlib only to setup/takedown the graphics mode,
then you could still map a framebuffer, and have a slightly different
driver for writing the 8bpp...  I don't know the details of the card
in 8bpp mode though.  I suppose that's what SVGAlib is doing ;-)

Greg