RTEMS web server linking error !

Li HongSong hsli at utstar.hz.zj.cn
Thu Mar 30 11:21:56 UTC 2000

Hi,
I'm using Cygwin32 on PC as host development environment and
MPC860 as target.
When I try to build http sample under netdemos directory, error
message show below. After check the makefile, I find it called
"tar" command to convert index.html to tarfile. May be the tar
command will alwayes generate file in little-endian mode as on
Intel PC.
What can I do with such error ?
Is there any way to build the http sample under Cygwin32
environment ?
(The source files I used are rtems-4.5.0-beta1b.tgz and
 netdemos-4.5.0-beta1b.tgz)

Thanks in advance !

Li HongSong

[administrator at NT_SRV http]$ make
test -d o-optimize || mkdir o-optimize
/opt/rtems/bin/powerpc-rtems-gcc --pipe -B/opt/rtems//fads860/lib/ -specs bsp_sp
ecs -qrtems -g -Wall -ansi -fasm  -O4 -fno-keep-inline-functions      -DPPC_ABI=
PPC_ABI_EABI -DPPC_ASM=PPC_ASM_ELF -DPPC_VECTOR_FILE_BASE=0x00000000 -mcpu=860
    -c   -o o-optimize/init.o init.c
init.c: In function `Init':
init.c:76: warning: implicit declaration of function `Untar_FromMemory'
tar cf o-optimize/tarfile index.html
/opt/rtems/powerpc-rtems/bin/ld.exe -r -o o-optimize/temp.o  o-optimize/init.o -
b binary o-optimize/tarfile
/opt/rtems/powerpc-rtems/bin/ld.exe: o-optimize/tarfile: compiled for a little e
ndian system and target is big endian
File in wrong format: failed to merge target specific data of file o-optimize/ta
rfile
make: *** [o-optimize/http.exe] Error 1