mvme167 patch for rtems-4.5.0-beta1c

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Mar 8 14:45:11 UTC 2000

Charles-Antoine Gauthier wrote:

> Enclosed is a patch that solves a number of problems with the MVME167
> port and that cleans up a few things.

[..]

> Joel: With the addition of the network driver, we had to run bootstrap.
> This caused a number of trivial changes to the Makefile.in files et al.
> Also, our version of automake must be different from yours. The results
> are slightly different (automake 1.4 gave similar output, automake 1.4a
> was quite different, which makes me think that your version is a much
> older 1.4a than the one I have). I recommend that you rerun bootstrap on
> our files with your tools just for consistency.

This is a known problem with Redhat and other Redhat based distributions (AFAIK, Mandrake and Helloween have the same problem).

cf http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/automake/1999-12/msg00155.html

In brief: The latest official version of automake is 1.4, but some vendors package unreleased snapshots taken at some time in the past from automake's development sources.

A similar incident recently seems to have occured with autoconf where some other vendors have picked up a development version called 2.14.1 ;)

Joel uses Redhat, therefore he uses Redhat's proprietary automake-1.4a.
IMO, Joel better might consider using automake-1.4 in future ;)

Ralf.

--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung (FAW)