rtems-4.5.0-beta/c_tools build error

Sun May 7 01:25:47 UTC 2000

gerke.kok at ascom.nl wrote:

> There is an other way to build thing. When you download the rpm's from:
>         ftp.rtems.com/pub/....../c_tools/...
> then you only have to build RTEMS it self. This goes very well and takes of
> a whole load of trouble building the GNU tools and compilers!
> wkr,

I'm glad to hear people say that.  Over the past few years, we have gone
through stages instructions to build tools, scripts to build tools,
scripts + instructions, and now prebuilt binaries.  That ignores
the work everyone has done (especially Jiri and Ralf) about moving
RTEMS toward standard GNU build techniques.

Together this all has made it much easier to get started.

There also is a lot of new documentation like the BSP and Device
Driver Guide and the Porting RTEMS manual that even though far
from perfect take a stab at making those processes more
understandable. :)

Please make comments, suggestions, patches, new paragraphs, sections
etc.  They are always welcome.  The BSP howto 1st draft was
written by Geffroy Montel -- a user. :)