rtems-4.5.0-beta/c_tools build error

Stephan Wilms Stephan.Wilms at Durin.CWA.de
Mon May 8 06:24:09 UTC 2000

> gerke.kok at ascom.nl wrote:
> >
> > There is an other way to build thing. When you download the rpm's from:
> >         ftp.rtems.com/pub/....../c_tools/...
> > then you only have to build RTEMS it self. This goes very well and takes of
> > a whole load of trouble building the GNU tools and compilers!
> > wkr,
>
> I'm glad to hear people say that.  Over the past few years, we have gone
> through stages instructions to build tools, scripts to build tools,
> scripts + instructions, and now prebuilt binaries.  That ignores
> the work everyone has done (especially Jiri and Ralf) about moving
> RTEMS toward standard GNU build techniques.

Here's my $0.02 of supportive comment: Building the tools for the Beta2
and RTEMS itself has been *GREATLY* improved and works exceedingly
well! Many thanks to all who have made this possible. I recall having
*lots* of problems with building 4.0.0 and just one minor problem
building the Beta2 (on Linux for "pc386").

> Together this all has made it much easier to get started.

Right ! Well done and keep up the good work :-)

Greetings,

--
Stephan Wilms (stephan.wilms at cwa.de)
CWA-GmbH, Aachen, Germany