Coldfire BDM + gdb + RTEMS 4.0 ?

Sat May 13 22:02:52 UTC 2000

Dario Alcocer wrote:

> I'm working on a Coldfire project, and the developers working with me
> want to see if I can get RTEMS running on an SBC5307 evaluation board
> using the PE Micro parallel port BDM adapter.
>
> I went to David Fiddes web site, and found gdb 4.18 patches to work with
> the Linux BDM driver.  However, RTEMS 4.0 seems to require 4.17,
> according to the RTEMS Getting Started manual.
>
> How should I proceed to get RTEMS 4.0 running on the 5307 board using
> gdb and the Linux BDM driver?  I reviewed the mailing list archives,
> and it wasn't clear whether 4.0 support this configuration.

First things first... switch to 4.5-beta3 in ftp.oarcorp.com
/pub/rtems/betas/....

Although there are no Coldfire BSPs included, David Fiddes has done
extensive work with RTEMS on the Coldfire.  If the PE Micro is
supported directly by gdb 4.18, you might be able to use the
RPMs.  Otherwise, there are bdm patches in the contrib directory
and RTEMS patches for 4.18 under c_tools/source.

What is on that eval board?