RTEMS web server linking error !

Thu May 18 11:02:31 UTC 2000

Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk wrote:

> This problem still occurs with the http demo for beta3 - was there ever a
> consensus on whether --noinhibit-exec was the right approach to this?

You should try the basic steps by hand and see why the option is
necessary.
As I recall, the option is because you have no architecture information.

But a slightly modified procedure that gives more control
over what error to ignore is something like:

+ make a tarfile (or any random binary file)
+ use objcopy to convert it to a native .o file
  (I think you get the warning here)
+ link using that file.

The nice thing about this trick is that you can use it to put
anything in an application (FPGA image, etc.).

--joel