summary of configuration default changes

Wed May 24 14:35:55 UTC 2000

I want to be upfront and explicit about these so no one gets
surprised.  Together, these make the configuratin generated
by confdefs.h pretty lean.  The maximum number of devices
could be leaner and probably something else, but this
is a bit improvement.

Significantly lowered the default memory requirements:
    - CONFIGURE_RTEMS_INIT_TASKS_TABLE was 10 now 0
    - CONFIGURE_POSIX_INIT_THREAD_TABLE was 10 now 0
    - CONFIGURE_ITRON_INIT_TASK_TABLE was 10 now 0
    - CONFIGURE_LIBIO_MAXIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTORS was 20 now 3
    - added CONFIGURE_NUMBER_OF_TERMIOS_PORTS and defaulted to 1
    - added CONFIGURE_TERMIOS_DISABLED defaulted to "enabled"
    - miniIMFS is now the default

Added configuration error checks that:
  + Ensure > 0 tasks/threads are configured
  + Ensure at least one inititalization task/thread is defined

bsp.h now defines these so BSP specific requirements
are accounted for.
  + CONFIGURE_NUMBER_OF_TERMIOS_PORTS
  + CONFIGURE_INTERRUPT_STACK_MEMORY

console_reserve_resources and rtems_termios_reserve_resources
are no longer required and considered obsolete.  Calls to
rtems_termios_reserve_resources have been eliminated although
the routine is still there and the body "if 0'ed".

We are very close to having NO reason to modify the
configuration tables in the BSP.  Be warned that eventually
we would like to see the need for BSP_Configuration
eliminated!

Our long-term intention is to move interrupt stack size from
the CPU Table to an application level configuration parameter.
This will make it easier for an application to change the
interrupt stack size.

Similarly, we have talked about letting the application set
their own task minimum stack size.