RPMs

Michael P. Collins on korat mcollins at hawkeye.sps.mot.com
Thu May 25 18:49:37 UTC 2000

  Has anyone using a Linux distribution other than Redhat found
success using the RPMs on the ftp site?  I know of a package
called alien which (IIRC) allows packages from various distributions
to be converted/decoded/whatever so they can be installed on
others, however I haven't tried it.  In my case, I use Debian
distributions.  In the past, I've built from source successfully,
but the option of installing pre-built binaries is attractive.

  Until the ".deb" packages are available, would the RPMs do me
any good?

					-- MC --