New layout for Linux x86 Tool Binaries

Sun May 28 22:37:38 UTC 2000

I have just finished installing a first cut at a
reorganization of the c_tools/Linux directory
on the ftp site.  I did not replace ANY tool
binaries -- I only reorganized them.  What
you will find is an organization like
this

  TOP
    RPMS
    SRPMS
    deb
    tgz

Under RPM, deb, and tgz, there is a shared directory
as well as a directory per target CPU.  If you
start at this URL:

ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/betas/rtems-4.5.0-beta/c_tools/linux/index.html

hopefully you will find yourself gracefully walked
through the plethora of packages. :)

Based on suggestions, the required, likely, and unlikely
categories were used and the size of each file is displayed
so you know what you are getting into before you download it. :)

This is a first cut and it was only done for the Linux subdirectory.
Comments are welcome.

{NOTE:  We know this is not linked to directly from the website yet.]