FW: procedure for building rtems-4.5.0beta2

m ds mdsdm at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 02:28:23 UTC 2000

Mike,

It seems, from other's previous messages, that the
latest beta doesn't work correctly with cygwin. I'm
not sure on how to fix that, but the test of the cross
compiler you did, isn't exactly bare-bones. A simpler
test, like in the old "Getting Started" guide, might
be better. It doesn't test the linker though:

--cut here------
int f (int i)
{
   return (i+1);
}
--end cut--------

then assemble (extremely verbosely) with:
i386-rtems-gcc -c -v -Q -o f.o f.c

Hope this helps somewhat,

Matt

--- Mike Davies <mikert at noco.demon.co.uk> wrote:
<snip>
> I tried the compiler to see if it runs at all :
>
> bash-2.02$ i386-rtems-gcc -dumpmachine
> i386-rtems
>
> then I tried a hello world compile on a file hello.c
> containing :
>
> __start
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> int main()
> {
>         printf ("hello world !");
>         return 0;
> }
> __end
>

> bash-2.02$ i386-rtems-gcc hello.c -o hello.exe
<snip>