FW: procedure for building rtems-4.5.0beta2

Mon May 8 21:59:16 UTC 2000

Mike Davies wrote:

> >Not only that but you probably will want to run "script" first to log to
> >a file the many screens of data that will go screaming by.
>
> I managed to find which command is generated from bit_rtems that fails,
> it is :
>
> running /bin/sh ../../../rtems-4.5.0-beta2/tools/build/configure  --
> target=i386-rtems --prefix=/home/mike/rtems-4.5.0-beta2/install --
> disable-hwapi --disable-multiprocessing --enable-cxx --enable-rdbg --
> disable-tests --enable-networking --enable-posix --disable-itron --
> enable-rtemsbsp=pci386 --cache-file=../.././config.cache --
> srcdir=../../../rtems-4.5.0-beta2/tools/build
>
> This fails giving a "file not found" error.  This seems to be a
> reasonable error to get since the build directory is actually "rtems-
> 4.5.0-beta2/tools/build-i386-rtems" !

None of the bit scripts should be run inside the source tree
for the corresponding tool.  So bit_rtems should not be run
from inside the RTEMS source tree.

What directory are you in when you run bit_rtems?  I think there is
a directory structure problem.  The bit_rtems script and supporting
files should be in the same directory as rtems-4.5.0-beta2.

In this case, the setting for RTEMS in user.cfg is rtems-4.5.0-beta2.

> Should the bit_rtems script include the user_cfg script ?

Yes.  It is where all the tailorable information is set.

> Or is there
> some other possible reason why this script fails ?

It could be following a symlink but I do all testing that way.
(rtems-current) is symlinked to whereever. :)