PDF for beta3 docs available

Tue May 23 14:42:43 UTC 2000

Erwin Rol wrote:

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
> >
> > Erwin Rol wrote:
> > >
> > > Try Acroread 4 , i think i can remeber i had some problem with
> > > "blackholes" in other document too when using AR3.
> > >
> > > BTW.
> > > some of the text in the index seems wrong.
> >
> > Could you cite the specific text?  It is easy to fix that once
> > you know where to look.
> hmmm good point :-)
> all with acroread 4
>
> for example:
>
> started.pdf
> bookmarks                               header
> Building the GNU C/C{@char 43}{@char 43} Cross Compiler Toolset
> actual header in text
> Building the GNU C/C++ Cross Compiler Toolset
>
> I saw it in a other doc too but can't find it anymore :-)

Now I know what you are talking about.  This is the
left hand side index shown in Acrobat.  It is generated
automatically by texinfo based on the table of contents.
I thought you were referring to a concept of function

You will see this in EVERY document.  This is a bug
in texinfo IMO.  Every section header with an _
or apparently a "+" in it gets translated to that awful
stuff.