rtems size and performance measurement

Peter Mueller peter.o.mueller at gmx.de
Fri Nov 3 09:23:31 UTC 2000

Hi,

I want to know how to figure out how may memory (ram) is required for my
application and rtems itself. Can I trust the figures printed out after the
built (via size?) or is there a better method (during runtime and/or static)?
Is there some dynamic memory needed during startup?

At the moment we have the problem that our system crashs during startup.
Init is not reached. A smaller application runs without problems. Size
displays the following figures: text 121k, data 6.3k bss 16.7k. We have 256kb Ram.
Code and app goes in ram for debugging. On the first look everything should
work. In the linker script there are 0x20000 for heap and 0x2000 for stack.
Could be this a problem?

Futhermore I want to measure some performance data (task switch ....). I
found some figures on the m68k porting paper for ppc. I want to do this for
68332. Is there a recommended method how to do this?

Regards,
Peter