Getting started with RTEMS-based GNAT Ada?

Mike Silva Mike.Silva at amotusa.com
Thu Nov 2 17:11:12 UTC 2000

I want to evaluate GNAT/RTEMS (initially for a standalone Ampro Pentium
board, later possibly PPC) but I'm unclear on many, many things:

1) Who/where do I get the files from?  OAR?  ACT?

2) What do I need to build a system?  Right now I'm running a Windows box
with no GNU tools.  Would I be better off doing this under Linux (I've never
used it, BTW)?  If so, is there a recommended flavor?

3) How do I build a system?  I gather I'll need to get my hands much dirtier
than your standard PC stuff.

4) How much time is it likely to take until I'm at the point where I can
download and run Ada code on a target?

4) Should we want to get support, who do we pay?  OAR? ACT?

I realize I'm asking a lot, but that's what beginners do, right?

BTW, I am an otherwise experienced PC and embedded programmer...

Thanks,

Mike

msilva at amotusa.com