Upgrading Board Support package for RTEMS-4.5.0-beta3

Brett Swimley brett.swimley at aedinc.net
Mon Nov 6 21:14:26 UTC 2000

Hello all,

I'm new to the RTEMS list, as I'm just working on getting my feet wet with
RTEMS.

I work with the ColdFire, and am attempting to port Dave Fiddes old BSP for
the SBC5206 (RTEMS 4.0.0) over to the 4.5.0 methodology.

I _think_ that I have upgraded all the pieces, based on the example BSPs out
there ( I've been using the mvme167 and mvme136 BSPs as an example),
including the .cfg file in make/custom.

Where I'm running into a problem is when I try to run the .bit_rtems script.
At the point where the script attempts:

Making preinstall in network

I get an error indicating No such file or directory.

Sure enough, If I examine the build directory, I have no network directory
(even though I have specified it in my "sbc5206" directory, my configure.in
file, and my Makefile.am file).

I do have a "shmsupp" directory, however, which I did not specify (even
though the mvme136 BSP which I started with as a template does have this
directory).

Seems like I'm missing a step or two in folding in a new BSP.  Any comments
would be appreciated.

Regards,

Brett Swimley
Senior Design Engineer