Upgrading Board Support package for RTEMS-4.5.0-beta3

Mon Nov 6 22:48:58 UTC 2000

Brett Swimley wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to the RTEMS list, as I'm just working on getting my feet wet with
> RTEMS.
>
> I work with the ColdFire, and am attempting to port Dave Fiddes old BSP for
> the SBC5206 (RTEMS 4.0.0) over to the 4.5.0 methodology.
>
> I _think_ that I have upgraded all the pieces, based on the example BSPs out
> there ( I've been using the mvme167 and mvme136 BSPs as an example),
> including the .cfg file in make/custom.
>
> Where I'm running into a problem is when I try to run the .bit_rtems script.
> At the point where the script attempts:
>
> Making preinstall in network
>
> I get an error indicating No such file or directory.
>
> Sure enough, If I examine the build directory, I have no network directory
> (even though I have specified it in my "sbc5206" directory, my configure.in
> file, and my Makefile.am file).

Sounds like you did not run "bootstrap" to generate the Makefile.in.
bootstrap can be run in any directory with a configure.in file and
generates
files from there down.  bootstrap is in the top directory of the source
tree.

> I do have a "shmsupp" directory, however, which I did not specify (even
> though the mvme136 BSP which I started with as a template does have this
> directory).

if you do not have a multiprocessing system just delete that directory.