interrupts...

Tue Nov 7 16:22:17 UTC 2000

Gregory.D.Menke.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:

>  > Then you should probably use a commercial OS and pay huge royalties fees
>  > to have a more high level user oriented docs :-)
>
> lol!  Documentation?  We've got plenty, just use your favorite
> disassembler on the output binary....  Why waste time on text when the
> code is right there?  ;)

That is the attitude of most open source projects and at way too many
times, RTEMS has to resort to that.  We really do believe in high
quality documentation.   There are just so many hours in the day. <grin>

> I'm not griping because I don't feel my hand is being held, I think a
> couple paragraphs of basic orientation in the docs would be somewhat
> useful.  So, I'll keep at the code and later maybe write something
> helpful to us newbies...

As I think I said once already on the list this morning -- if you
have a spot you think needs more information point it out.  It really
helps to have VERY specific comments.  Something like "I looked here
for the answer to this and it wasn't there".  Even better is
replacements or additions.

>From a maintainers perspective on an open source project, let me
whine that people send code -- people do not send documentation. :)