Windows Environment

correo at fernando-ruiz.com correo at fernando-ruiz.com
Thu Nov 23 21:46:45 UTC 2000

Hi,

	After "mise en place" the RTEMS BSP the hard engineer asks me
to run the environment (Linux Mandrake 7.1 & RTEMS 4.5.0 (last snapshot))
in a known environment (Windows 2000 or NT4).

 I have downloaded the last version 2.29 of cygwin from INET.
This works fine with native compiler i386 (686 version of course).
I can run all the linux commands, scripts, etc. but...

After following all the steps like in RTEMS linux Environment the

./bit_rtems sh CRASH!!!

Are there any people that works with cygwin?

Can you help me with the best version?
The place to get it and the litle "trucs" to run RTEMS
in the "UGLY" O.S from Microsoft.

All the people recommend to work in linux to avoid the Win32 Virus and more.

I am delighted with LINUX but the boss is the boss and he doesn't want to
change.

Another point.

All our developements have a multiterminal sessions.
I have a little shell to run the commands like monitor rtems makes.

I ask if the right way to make this is :

      rtems_task
      TaskTerminal(...) {
   	 stdin =fopen("/dev/com1","r+");
       stdout=fopen("/dev/com1","r+");
       stderr=fopen("/dev/com1","r+");
       for (;;) {
        prompt();
        if (getline(cmd))
         exec_command(cmd);
       };
      }

      Without previous fclose(stdXXX)

	in every task that I want that runs in a new terminal.

	Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Fernando RUIZ CASAS
fernando.ruiz at ctv.es