New GoAhead Performance

Thu Nov 30 21:23:37 UTC 2000

I have a suspicion that in the update/merger, we may have
switched from one basic port of the socket wrapper to
another.  What is the critical path through the main loop
of the web server?  Is it using select() in a way it
wasn't before?

Since we have eliminated hackery on the filesystem as the
culprit, a bad choice socket porting layer seems likely.

Could someone see what significant changed in sock*.c
between the two points?