FS: problems and patches

Jake Janovetz janovetz at uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 30 20:09:12 UTC 2000

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 11:55:00PM +0500, Dmitry Kargapolov wrote:
> Hello All.
>
> I have solved the problem with path evaluation of the
> directory entry that is mounting point for other
> file system. This problem was discussed in previous
> messages by Sergei Organov and rtems society.
> Look at the patch imfs_eval.c.diff.
> It works properly in my tasks. (For testing my
> own FS mounted to IMFS directory I use ported
> from Midnight Commander mcserver).

I believe Jennifer has this fixed in snapshot 20001121.
Her fixes seem to work for me.

> Also it seems to me that when open a directory,
> search permissions must be tested.
> that's why I offer to consider the patchs open.c.diff
> and opendir.c.diff.
> (the idea of using flag _O_DIRECTORY come from the linux)
>
> Important Note: I use rtems-ss-20000802.
> (the reason was: GoAhead web-server in latest
> snapshots has a few bad surprises - it works
> slowly, and cuts off eigth bit. May be I have
> to do some tuning - I don't know yet...)

Ahh, thankfully...  Someone else has noticed that the
new web server is slow  (never noticed the eigth bit
thing).  I posted a note about this a while ago, but no
one seemed to care.  I haven't been able to find the
problem.

    Jake