RTEMS project...

Mon Nov 13 22:36:51 UTC 2000

Tuong Vu-Dinh wrote:

> Sirs,
>
>         I would like to become a member of the RTEMS project.
>         As for my experience, I have quite an old version of pSOS+ running on a
> 68K-based hardware designed, built and tested by myself (from scratch).  The
> development system that I am still using, if it is such a system at all,
> uses Makefiles from the DOS command line.  Also, pSOS+ now no longer exists,
> with the recent acquisition of ISI by Wind River Systems.  Furthermore, the
> 68K-series is now becoming obsolete with the advent of the PowerPC.  So, I
> don't know if I qualify for RTEMS, but please advise if and where and how I
> can contribute.

What an offer. :)

The question from me is "what are you interested in?"  If your goal is
to transition a product line from pSOS+ to RTEMS, then focusing on
your own BSP is a critical item.  Otherwise, think of what you are
interested
in.

There are lots of areas to work on.  The 68k is not quite as obsolete
as you think.  The 683xx and ColdFire keep it plugging along.  The
PowerPC
is faster and sexier but it can be a pain to deal with.

The only thing I have to say is do NOT violate the intellectual property
rights of ISI/WRS with respect to anything you work on.