Best PC-based OS for RTEMS / GNAT development? (Part 2)

Laurent Guerby guerby at acm.org
Thu Nov 16 18:32:23 UTC 2000

Mike  Silva <Mike.Silva at amotusa.com> wrote:
> OK, according to all your responses it's Linux by mile.  If I can just stray
> a bit afar, do you develop in console/text/command-line mode or in some form
> of graphical IDE.  I'm spoiled by the latter and would hate to have to go
> back to the former.  Thanks again.

You might check what Ada Core Technologies is doing in this
area, they just released a beta of GVD, the GNU Visual Debugger
to customers. More information at their sales contact or at:

<http://gtkada.eu.org/gvd/gvd.html>

For my personal taste, emacs (ada-mode/gnat/gdb) does the job far
better than any other graphical IDE, plus it works the same on all
platforms and is stable from release to release (no relearn everything
every 6 monthes if you see what I mean).

--
Laurent Guerby <guerby at acm.org>