rpm doesn't like my OS

Sun Oct 1 02:23:36 UTC 2000

Did this work?  Another (hack) alternative is to do something
like this:

cd /
rpm2cpio XXX.rpm | cpio -idvum

This ignores EVERYTHING since it just extracts the files and
puts them in place.  This is not equivalent to installing an
RPM and the RPM database is not updated to reflect this.
So you remove them with a simple "rm -rf /opt/rtems.