Gnu debugger does not recognise the commands "setrpcmode sun" ...

Samuel Konnerth S.Konnerth at alcatel.de
Wed Oct 4 08:39:10 UTC 2000

Hello RTEMS fans,

finally I got my RTEMS running on SuSE Linux for pc386 (including the
HelloWorld example by using the bug fix from Joel).
Now I want to try to connect via the i386-rtems-gdb to the target pc386
(connected via Ethernet with the host).
When I start the debugger and type "setrpcmode sun", "setdaemontype
rdbg" "target rtems ...", the debugger does not know all these commands.
I installed the debugger by using the rpm's for i386. (rpm -i
blabla-i386-rtems-gdb-bla.rmp).
When I launch the debugger I see that the debugger was configured for
rtems-686 or similar.

Could you please help me on this issue?

Kind regards,

Samuel.
Samuel Konnerth
UMTS SW Development

ALCATEL SEL AG
Radio Communication Division
Lorenzstr. 10
D-70435 Stuttgart

Tel:      +49-711-821 30360 (Alcanet: 2-503 30360)
Telefax:  +49-711-821 42996
GSM:      +49-171-4365156
Email:    S.Konnerth at alcatel.de
Email for life: 98.samuel.konnerth at aist.enst.fr