Interrupt catch

Alejandro Villanueva 190921 at cepsz.unizar.es
Wed Oct 18 12:30:32 UTC 2000

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Alejandro Villanueva wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to catch IRQ7 in the pc386 BSP both under C and under Ada.
> > Could anyone tell me how to catch it, please?
>
> Everyone has given you the C answer without providing the
> "Ada" answer.  If you are using Ada interrupts in the
> Ada language sense, then you still have to have a real
> hardware interrupt handler.  Then it is propagated with
> POSIX signals to the Ada run-time to be presented to the
> Ada application as an Ada interrupt.
>
> The only function version of this included in the source
> tree is for the sparc/erc32.  See gnatsupp.c.  It provides
> a real body for  __gnat_install_handler().

Joel, I'm working on a i386, so the only hardware interrupt handler is the
PIC, so this is my new question: Will it be easier to implement the
interrupt handler in C using irq.h and then importing the handler into Ada
via pragma Import or to implement it directly in Ada not knowing how to do
it?

Thanks,

Alejandro.

> > Thanks,

> > Alejandro Villanueva
> > 190921 at cepsz.unizar.es
> >

> --
> joel at OARcorp.com                 On-Line Applications Research
>    Support Available             (256) 722-9985

¿Quieres Cobrar por Navegar en Internet?
Visita: http://www.navegana.com/dinero/flintstone.html
Alejandro Villanueva
190921 at cepsz.unizar.es