More MPC860 BDM weirdness

Phil Torre ptorre at zetron.com
Fri Oct 27 02:01:55 UTC 2000

I could swear I've read a description of this problem, but I can't
find it on any of the mailing lists so here goes...

My environment is RTEMS 4.5.0 beta3a on an MPC860FADS target,
downloading through the BDM port using the MPCBDM 2-chip interface
from VAS-GmbH and accompanying GDB patches.  The host is Linux.

I can initialize the FADS board from GDB and download hello_world
just fine.  Memory dump and register read/write work fine, I can
even single step.  However, as soon as I let the target run (with
a breakpoint set or not), GDB says "program received SIGINT".  At
this point, GDB thinks the target is in debug mode, but the target
is actually still running.  The FRZ line on the BDM port is held
high, which is why GDB thinks we're stopped.  (I know about JP1 on
the FADS board; it's set for FRZ rather than VFLS[0:1].)

Can I (or the BSP?) have something improperly initialized so that
the 860 asserts FRZ while its still running?  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
-Phil Torre (ptorre at zetron.com)