Starting with a SH1 7032

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Mon Oct 30 22:17:16 UTC 2000

fernando.ruiz at ctv.es wrote:

> I am starting with RTEMS and a sh7032 BSP
> Hitachi 7032 (512K ROM,512 KB Flash,512K Ram,2k E2Prom, 20 Mhz)
>
> I have a little O.S. multiuser (Not multitask)
> that I have used like loader of the samples for a gensh1 BSP
>
> All the test run ok.
> (The serial input polled very bad but
> with intr's I think to resolve it)
I know <sigh>, but we never had enough time to improve it to use
interupts :)

> I have flash memory, e2prom memory, rtc & more...
>
> I need a NEW BSP BOARD.
>
> I have copied gensh1 bsp directory into a new VIS211 directory.
>
> I have runned ./bit_rtems sh vis211 (After setup all files)
>
> I have got a /usr/local/rtems/vis211 BSP (Copy of gensh1)
>
> All runs ok.
>
> BUT...
>
> I have copied STUBDRV like point of start for add a new driver LCD (dummy)
>
> into ../lib/libbsp/sh/vis211/stubdrv
> after I have rename to lcd for a LCD driver.
>
> Inside the files of stubdrv all has been renamed to Lcd_open,Lcd_close,...
>
> The Makefile.am & Makefile.in of
> ../libbsp/sh/vis211
> ../libbsp/sh/vis211/lcd
> ../libbsp/sh/vis211/wrapup
>
> have been touched adding a new driver (directory & sources)
>
> The problem is:
>
> After build a new ./bit_rtems sh vis211 (with a new LCD driver dummy)
> the process crash (missing lcd directory)

You probably missed to add the lcd directory to SUBDIRS in
sh/vis211/Makefile.am and to rerun the auto*-tools on the vis211
directory.

If you are not familiar with the auto*-tools, the easiest way to run
them is to apply the bootstrap script in RTEMS toplevel directory,
i.e.
cd c/src/lib/libbsp/sh/vis211
<path>/bootstrap
cd <builddir>
./configure --enable-maintainer-mode [options]

You also should make sure to have added your driver to BSP_PIECES in
vis211/wrapup/Makefile.am.

> Is it possible known the recipe for a new driver(DUMMY) to add a my bsp?
What you describe above is *the* recipe to add a new driver to a
bsp.

> Where is it necessary to touch to setup a new driver?
In addition to setting up the building infrastructure (What I tried
to outline above), you also need to set up your driver's hardware
and on-chip infrastructure (Eg. IO-Ports, Areas, etc.), eg. in
bsp_start (bsp-startup code, cf.
libbsp/sh/vis211/startup/bspstart.c) and/or inside of your board's
startup code.

General details on how to setup drivers for RTEMS should be
described in RTEMS' manuals.

> Sorry, but my english is not so good.
> I am Spanish and I speak spanish but not english.

> Vielen dank Ralph Corsepius. Ein sehr gut Arbeit.
> Ich arbeit auch mit SH1.
Muchas gracias (Spelling? That's almost my whole Spanish - my native
language is German ;)

Ralf.

--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung